To apply for the position of
Instructor at Hopeloft,
please read the full job description and
requirements below and email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line
"Hopeloft - Instructor"
Instructor - Community Promise Academy
Position Title: Instructor - Community Promise Academy
Reports to: Hopeloft Management Team
Location: Salem, NJ / Bridgeton, NJ
Hopeloft is a nonprofit organization that invests in communities by working alongside people and projects who inspire change, advocate for social justice, and commit to meeting the immediate needs of local children and families. Our mission is to create opportunities for our communities to thrive, and replicate our model across the nation and around the globe.
For more information, please visit: www.hopeloft.com
Instructors will oversee academic instruction in an assigned subject matter including reading/writing,
mathematics, Youth Voice (journalism), STEM, and performing arts. This position will also work directly
with the Program Director on curriculum development. This position teaches/coordinates curriculum
delivery throughout the year in an after-school program setting and during the summer. The curriculum
will integrate trauma-informed practices and will teach youth to improve their subject matter knowledge.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide direct, individualized instruction to youth in the program based on needs, assigned schoolwork, and interested tracks (Youth Voice, STEM, and Performing Arts.
• Provide feedback and academic plans around youths’ CASAS testing outcomes.
• Meet weekly with the Program Director, Program Coordinators, and Success Coaches to identify educational needs of the youth we serve.
• Research trauma-informed practices throughout curriculum design to ensure optimal learning for enrolled youth.
• Ensure curriculum meets educational shortfalls related to enrolled youth, particularly around writing, writing, and mathematics.
• Establish overall curriculum with the Program Director for Summer Academies.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
● Teaching experience, particularly middle and high schools.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities, be a self-starter and consistently communicate in a team environment.
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
● Extremely proficient with Adobe Suite or similar creative design software or content management platforms.
Position is Part-Time
Salary: $40.00 per hour
Schedule: 3pm through 7pm, Monday through Thursday
Please email all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Hopeloft - Instructor" — thank you!